We are very excited to announce that this year’s Temporary Tattoo Contest winner is Hannah M., from Berwick & District School. Congratulations, Hannah!
Hannah has won the following prizes and will serve as Junior President this year:
– $100 for her home classroom
– $100 for herself
– 3 complimentary tickets to Coronation
– Dinner with the Royal Party before the Grand Street Parade
– A ride to the Grand Street Parade on the Valley Wildcats bus
– A ride in the Grand Street Parade with the Board of Directors
– An official certificate
Hannah’s design will be featured in our Souvenir Edition and on our temporary tattoos this year!
Thank you to all who participated in this year’s contest! Your submissions were all greatly appreciated and your talent is amazing!
Open to children in grades P-6, the ABF Temporary Tattoo contest runs every year. Tattoo designs are submitted by artistic kids who create images representing the Apple Blossom Festival theme. The winning designer receives a cash prize of $100 and an additional $100 for their home classroom! (Home Schooled children can still participate)
Come up with your own winning design for the 85th Festival based on the theme, “Rooted in Tradition”! Submit your best design and you could win!
Rules for submissions:
- Designs must be created on a white background and reflect what this year’s Apple Blossom Theme means to the designer. This year’s theme is “Rooted in Tradition”.
- Eligible designers are students in grades P-6.
- Submissions must be received for judging by Monday, March 20th, 2017
- Submissions must be accompanied by the designing students name, grade, school, homeroom teacher’s name, parent or guardian name and phone number.
- Descriptions of designs are welcome to accompany the designs but are not necessary.
How to submit a design: There are a number of ways to submit your winning design!
- Scan and email your design as an attachment with the required information to Sarah Griffiths with “Tattoo” in the subject line.
- Drop off your design at the Apple Blossom Festival Office during regular office hours, located at 217 Belcher Street, with attention to Sarah Griffiths, in an envelope marked “Tattoo”. (Don’t forget to include the information required!)
- Mail your design to 217 Belcher Street, Kentville NS, B4N 1E2, with attention to Sarah Griffiths, with the required information included.
*Contest is NOW CLOSED.
We look forward to seeing all the creative designs our Apple Blossom fans come up with for this year’s theme!
For more information contact Sarah Griffiths, Cultural Director, for the 85th Annual Apple Blossom Festival.